Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A gift from Betty: What to do when feeling troubled.

The unemployment is rate soaring. The state of our economy is hideous. Homes are being taken away from people by the hundreds. With all of this and so much more, it is natural for so many of us to be experiencing a heightened level of anxiety.  But Betty left us many gifts through her work and her insight. Here is what she had to say about uncertainty. From a published interview.

Here's what I do when I have a situation that I am not seeing with clarity. I will sit on the side of the bed and say, "O.K. God, I need some insight into this problem. I will have a dream that gives me insight, I will wake up and write the dream down, I will remember the dream." Most people who are working with dreams will ask a question at night and they will get their answer. Not only in one dream, but in three or four. They will all have the same information but presented in a little different way. That way you know it's coming right through. "Just ask and ye shall receive." That's what the Bible says. What they didn't say is, "If you don't ask, you don't get!" (laughter) Just formulate your question in your mind; I repeat it three times.

No comments: